Explore infinite possibilities in your compositions with this powerful 16-step Max for Live creative sequencer for Ableton Live created by animatek.
WHAT IS UZZ?
UZZ is a step sequencer created in Max for Live for Ableton. With this device you can create amazing sequences by modifying their parameters randomly and also you can automate any parameter of Ableton using a powerful matrix of modulation device.
UZZ is a 16-step sequencer where you can adjust each parameter in every step independently. Also, all parameters can be changed randomly with very few clicks. Awesome results really quick!!!
- Mode : In this section you can see information of the corresponding step note and enable or disable the step with the cross or play button.
- Pitch : Here you can change the step pitch range from 0 to 12 (full octave).
- Octave : Change the octave of the step, five eights are available from -2 to 2.
- Velocity : Change the range of the velocity of the step, from 0 to 127.
- Duration : The duration can also be adjusted in each step, 128n, 64n, 32n, 16n, 8n, 4n, 2n.
- Controls : With these two controls you can modulate any of the four maps controls or any destination using the matrix section.
- Map Controls: The four controls allow you to map any parameter in your Live set. To make them work you should assign an entrance signal activating them at the Matrix modulation section.
The four controls allow you to map any parameter in your Live set. To make them work you should assign an entrance signal activating them at the Matrix modulation section.
The global parameters affect the whole sequence:
- Xpose: Xpose has two states. ON: the notes coming from a MIDI clip will be the source for the transposition, OFF: transpose the sequencer manually using the adjustable number.
- Direction: The playback direction can be modified: Forward, Backward, Back and Forth, Random, Drunk.
- Steps: Select the number of steps of your sequence from 1 to 16.
- Quantize: Change the quantization of the sequence: 1/2, 1/4, 1/8,1/16, 1/32, Dotted and Triplets.
- Swing: Activate or deactivate swing on your sequence and adjust the amount.
- Scale: Select the type of scale (up to 19 different scales).
chromatic, ionian, dorian, phrygian, lydian, mixolydian, aeolian, locrian, wholetone, minor7, dim7, octatonic-2-1, octatonic-1-2, major-pentatonic, minor-pentatonic, invert, random, permute, neighbour.
In this particular section of the device you can activate the incoming modulation signal from the Pitch, Velocity, Duration, and the two controls.
The parameters that can be modulated are:
- The four MAP parameters (M1 to M4).
- Two adjustable Controls Change (blue numbers)
- Program Change (PC).
- Pitch Bend (PB).
- AfterTouch (AT).
With presets you can store different sequences configurations, the UZZ saves these settings automatically when you save your Live song. Do not forget to collect and save.
How does it work?
Forget about record the presets, now they are stored in the orange box automatically, now You can copy and paste the presets using the buttons!
The Pack is included in the previous version of UZZ 2.1.amxd (Compatible with live 8 and max 6).
NEW IN 3.2
- Remove the reset bar, now automatically the device adjust the measure of the secuence.
- The menus of the direction, measure, scale have changes to umenus.
- many problems with the interface have been corrected.
- New animatek logo added.
- The installation is now a pack that will be installed in your Places/packs